It’s been a while since I posted again-I’m going to blame it on finals and my current stress level. I only have one final left next week, but of course the hardest one is last. I’ve still been cooking, but the only new recipes I’ve made have been eaten before I could snap a picture. Here is another throwback recipe-tortilla pie. I found the recipe on this for Tumblr and swore I was going to veganize it as soon as possible.
- 1 package 8″ tortillas
- 1 16oz can vegetarian refried beans
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 jar salsa
- 2 avocados, mashed with salt & pepper
- 8 ounces vegan cheese-I like Galaxy Mexican Shreds
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9×9 pan. Combine refried beans, cumin, and chili in one bowl. Smash avocados with salt, pepper, and cilantro(if desired) in a second bowl.
2. Lay one tortilla in pan, and top with half of the refried beans. Layer another tortilla on top and spread about 1/2 cup salsa. Top with another tortilla and spread 1/2 of avocado mixture. Top with next tortilla and cheese. Repeat layers-beans, salsa, avocado, cheese. Leave second cheese layer uncovered. Cover with foil and bake for about 20-25 minutes.